Monday, June 18, 2012

Pirelli is Now Predicting Winners

I was kind of surprised when I did my daily task of checking all of the F1 news websites, and saw the headline "Paul Hembery tips Schumacher Victory in Valencia" on ESPNF1.com.  I think that the tire supplier should probably stay out of predicting victories and just focus on which compound to bring to the race.  When  Schumacher pulled off an amazing lap and got pole in Monaco, which was then ruined by his penalty he received from his accident with Bruno Senna, Schumi was then moved to sixth on the grid, moving Webber up to pole position, and then winning the race.  As we all know Michael wouldn't have won the race  from pole anyways because that ended up being his 4th retirement.


"I think you have to look at someone like, maybe Michael getting the pole position," Hembery told Autosport. "He probably would have won Monaco if he hadn't been penalised, so why not there? Michael for Valencia, that's where the money needs to go."


 So Hembery is telling us to bet money on Michael.  I think we all should!  I hope they make a special compound just for the 7 time World Champion just so Hembery's prediction comes true.  The tire will probably keep it's temperature easily, and then never wear out, never blister.

"We know Valencia is a tough track to create an exciting race. It's hard to overtake and it's got elements of Monaco from that point of view. There will be some high temperatures, of course, and we're going there with the soft and medium tyre, so we should have less degradation."


Will we have an 8th winner in as many races?  Paul Hembery  the guy who provides the tires say's go all in on Schumacher.  I find it hard to put everything on Schumacher just because of all of the bad luck he's had this season, but I'm going to listen to Pirelli and put my money down.  I'll let you know how I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?!